Tuesday 24 January 2012

Better late then never...


I really enjoyed doing my nails like this over the Christmas time, so fun and festive also really easy to do. I will also do a post for how I did this when I post about more nail ideas. All you need are the following items:
Light blue, green, white and red polish. 











This post is a little bit late for the time of year, as you can guess I decided to do a post about a personal favourite recipe of mine Christmas log cake. Me & my mom make a log every year but normally use a shop made one, however last year I decided to go ahead and make my very own for the first time.
And my surprise everyone loved it! Hip hip hurray..

Ingredients;
3 large eggs
75g/3oz caster sugar
50g/2oz plain flour
25g/1oz cocoa 

For the filling use;
75g/3oz softened butter
125g/4oz icing sugar 
50g/2oz melted chocolate & cool slightly
1tbsp golden syrup 
1tbsp milk 

How to cook;
Preheat your oven gas mark 7/fan oven 220. In a large bowl over a pan of hot boiled water (i just boil the kettle & pour it in a pan), whisk the eggs & sugar together until thick and creamy - this will take 5-10 minutes with an electric whisk. Fold in the flour & cocoa powder with a metal spoon very gently. Then pour the mixture into a tray. 
Bake for 10 minutes until spongy to touch and cover with a damp cloth, leave to cool. When cool turn onto a sheet of grease proof paper dusted with a little cocoa powder. 
To make the filling heat the butter until creamy then whisk in the icing sugar a little at a time. Add chocolate & syrup and milk. Spread over the cake & roll up starting with the shorter corner, be really gentle whilst rolling. 

If you rather apply the melted chocolate to the outside of the cake just let the chocolate melt and apply evenly all over. And fill the middle with a thick cream after been whisked. 

Hope that helps :) xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment